A new web-service “hlit-chat” has been included to the structure of the software and information environment of the HybriLIT heterogeneous cluster.
This service allows users contact developers and support of the cluster much faster and, therefore, solve problems that appear in the process of their work on the cluster.
At the moment users have access to two channels:
Public channels include, for examples «hlit-user-support».
Users have also a possibility to create their own private chats with both members of the HybriLIT team and other users of the cluster.
Web service for informational support of users of the “HybriLIT” and the “Govorun” Supercomputer.
Available information on the service:
The service provides an opportunity to monitor the workload of computing resources and services for the “HybriLIT” and “Govorun” in real time.
is a native Android (iOS ASAP) mobile application for users of the HybriLiT HPC cluster.
This app is aimed at providing information support on computations on the cluster. It allows:
- monitoring of user’s jobs;
- quick view of user’s files (*.out, *.dat, *.in or *.sh);
- monitor the expected computation time;
- possess full information on jobs launched on the cluster, the resources they require, etc.
Author: Alexej I. Streltsov (Heidelberg, Germany), developed with support from HybriLIT team.
User Support. Help, questions and answers, feedback, suggestions.
– Service for shared use of software packages.
HLIT-VDI service has been developed for carrying out scientific and engineering computations using applied and mathematical packages that provide to:
- use applied packages in virtual machines (VM);
- carry out computations using GUI of installed software packages;
- carry out computation using resources of the virtual machine;
- send tasks to the cluster partitions to carry out computations using the resources of the cluster;
- save data between sessions.
HybriLIT group holds regular training courses and seminars on parallel programming techniques and the use of services provided by users for work. Through such events, more users are actively developing their projects on the basis of the cluster, as well as keep in touch with members of the group HybriLIT.
All courses and activities are announced on the site Indico.
The service is build on GitLab Community Edition platform which integrates variety of modern tools to facilitate software development process:
- issue tracking;
- Git version control system;
- Code Review;
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment tools.
In the simplest case the service can be used for hosting personal Git repositories, but also for organizing collaborative software development process.